A social support service for frail aged people – over 65, younger people with disabilities and their carers
What is the aim of Neighbour Aid
To provide a trained volunteer for home visits, contact and social support to enhance the independence, security
and quality of their lives.
We provide a range of services including
- Home visits for 1-2 hours per week as agreed with the client.
- Assisted Medical transport
- Shopping once a week or fortnightly.
- Friday Friendship group.
- Movie Mates
- Monthly outings
- Coffee Club
- Crazy Craft day
- Celebration of Seniors week and other events
Access to Services
Each consumers access to Neighbour Aid is determined according to his/her level of need.
There are special considerations for the following groups:
- CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse)
- ATSI (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander)
- People with Dementia or Memory loss
- Financially disadvantaged
- Rurally isolated
Computer Classes for seniors: Please call Maree or Lorraine 96273219 for more information